A Cognitive-Behavioural Approach That Works
At the Clinic we provide you with a short-term, twelve session group programme which can change your life. Our promise to you is: “We will help you to make dramatic and long-lasting improvements in your self-esteem, in your ability and willingness to socialise with others, and in your inner emotional state”.
At your initial free consultation we work together to develop a clear picture of your problem, discussing such areas as:
- Under which circumstances are you most shy?
- Have you been shy all your life?
- When do you remember first becoming anxious in social situations?
- What can you tell us about your past family and social history, to place your current problem in perspective?
- What is your present life situation, eg living arrangements, job and support network (family and friends)?
- What is your previous history, if any, of emotional difficulties or physical illness ?
- What else should we know about yourself or your circumstances that could be helpful?
Click here for the sample questionnaire.
By the end of your initial consultation we will have a pretty good picture of your Shyness Profile. If you are at least moderately shy but have some history of “social success”, e.g. you have made some friends during your life, have held a job, and are able to engage in conversations (even if you feel anxious while doing so) we may recommend that you enrol in the Clinic. We will discuss with you all aspects of your participation in the programme so that you will be able to make an informed and intelligent decision about whether to join.